I have to say, a few days ago I wasn't really sure I'd be around to post this, but I can happily say that one blister and two very sore legs later, I survived! Yay! And, it was actually pretty fun! We'd probably even do it again - not anytime in the near future, but sometime.......
Darren ran his 13.1 miles in 2 hours and 18 minutes and I crossed the finish line in 2 hours and 27 minutes. We ran together for about the first 5 miles, but disagreed on walking the water breaks so I told him to go ahead and leave me behind:) Neither of us were looking to break any records - just start and FINISH!!
It's also a good thing that I didn't notice my bib number contained the numbers "666" until I finished or I may not have even crossed the starting line....any little sign that I'd have bad luck or that God wasn't on my side could have definitely sent me, in my state of high anxiety, over the edge!!
No comments:
Post a Comment