Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's Working!




I have started a reward chart to get these kids motivated to help more around the house and it appears to be working. Lauren is working towards 10 stickers so she can get her ears pierced and Max is keeping his goal at a reasonable 5 - a trip to the DQ. Cam is missing from this scenario because she is never home to help, which we're working on - she doesn't think I'm aware of her little conspiracy, but one of these days she'll realize how wise I really am! I didn't even intend for this reward system for Darren, but it seems to be catching on:) (He really couldn't be much more helpful than he already is, but I think he is motivated by the DQ reward. Or maybe it's the ear piercing - I'll have to ask him!) Even my sweet Lola helps out by pre-washing all of our dishes. While the rest of the family shares the burden of running this household, I've been busy reading, writing, and counting the days left of summer semester (49).

No comments: