Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Ramona


I really didn't expect to cry at the Ramona and Beezus movie, but I almost cried when I thought about how Lauren is that misunderstood middle child, just like Ramona. Seeing the world through her eyes gave me a deeper appreciation for my Lauren, and then when she walked out of the theater and declared it "the best movie ever" and said she was going to buy it when it came out on DVD, I realized that she also saw herself in Ramona. Darren and I talked and talked about how Lauren was our Ramona.....and then he came in the house after mowing last night and asked if I heard what happened.......and of course it involved a mishap with Lauren....and of course it was too late to get a photo. Darren had just filled his last of four bags of grass after mowing, put them at the end of the driveway for garbage day and thought his chore was done, until Lauren came along, rollerblading backwards and landed on one of the bags, causing a minor explosion of fresh cut grass and plastic bag remnants flying into the air. I swear these things happen to Lauren more than anyone in the universe.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I'm jealous! I want to see that movie. I'll have to come watch it with Lauren after she buys it!

Anonymous said...

I want to watch it with Lauren too after she buys it!! Karina, did you think about your brother at all as you had some insights into the middle child "burdens?"