Saturday, December 3, 2011

Finding our way back to NORMAL!!

So far, so good on returning back to normal! Max celebrated his 8th birthday on Wednesday and attended half days at school this week, and then on Friday went all day. His teacher has been kind enough to tolerate my hovering and constant checking in this last week. He got 100% on his spelling test this week, and is begging me to let him do phy ed next week. He likes Darren's relaxed rules much better than mine! I expected to get home and find an exhausted boy after his first full day back at school, but instead I found him in the basement playing tackle football with his dad. Max wanted to go to hockey practice, so against my wishes Darren got him all laced up and put him on the ice again. He did great.......a little rusty, but it was so nice to see him out there skating with his buddies, especially considering that one month ago he wasn't walking; in fact, he didn't even have a desire to walk. One month ago we were carrying him to the bathroom and begging him to be upright for even 5 minutes.....so......I got a little teary when I saw #12 out on the ice last night! You've come a long way buddy!!
Tomorrow we are celebrating his birthday with his buddies - with a special surprise - a Bison football player will be coming to hang with the boys for a while! We told Max today about the special appearance, but he doesn't seem to believe us - I can't wait until he shows up at the door tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many blessings! Can't wait to hear about today's party and special guest....how cool!!

Love from Tucson, Mom/Gma

Anonymous said...

Many blessings! Can't wait to hear about today's party and special guest....how cool!!

Love from Tucson, Mom/Gma