Monday, October 12, 2009

The Roadies


Look here to see how we spent our Sunday night: http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/music/63976557.html?elr=KArksUUUoDEy3LGDiO7aiU
(I know there is a better way to do that whole link thing, I'm just not savvy enough!)

The girls and I just finished our first all girls weekend, which we may have to make a tradition. I don't know if we can top ending the weekend with a Taylor Swift concert, though! We started the weekend off by shopping at the outlets in Albertville, then headed to our fancy (their words) hotel in Bloomington. We shopped some more and then headed downtown, as Camryn was sure she would see Taylor walking around near the Target Center. I now know why it's called the Fearless tour. Because you have to be fearless to survive the swarms of young girls trying to get t-shirts before the concert! I have never been in such an awful swarm of people - it was so bad that one lady stated that she was going to vomit just so she could get some space to breath. Anyway, the concert was a blast and despite our 2:30 a.m. arrival at home this morning, the girls were ready for school by 9:30 with their concert tees on. They were so excited to tell their friends about their first concert and said everyone said they were so lucky! I felt like we were lucky, too, since this was my first solo trip to the cities and we actually made it there........and back! With a little help from Jill, actually a lot of help from Jill, my trusty co-pilot (GPS) we got everywhere we needed to go, relatively painlessly. I only had to scream at her once, when she wouldn't get it through her head that 1st street was closed and we needed to find a new route!

1 comment:

dani said...

Fun! So other than the screaming girls, was Taylor good in concert? And do you think a 6 year old would enjoy it or not? Grace LOVES her and is now asking for guitar for her birthday. I see Taylor will be in St. Paul in May and am considering it. How did you manage to get tickets? I heard she sells out in minutes. Hope your enjoying your new job!