Saturday, October 29, 2011

Max - Saturday summary

I am happy to report that Max had a pain free day! He isn't really getting out of bed, except to use the bathroom, but he was up and talkative all day. He tired out late this afternoon and took a quick nap before Lauren came to see him. She brought him all kinds of goodies and signs and posters. She was ready to hang them up and he said, "this is NOT my room, I want that stuff hung in my room at home!" He then proceeded to give Lauren orders that it's her job to get his room decorated when he gets home:)
Lauren left around 6:30 and he has pretty much been sleeping since. I am telling myself he is just exhausted, but am finding myself on edge. His temp is 100 right now and I could feel my body immediately go into anxious mode when the nurse told me. He is not complaining of pain, just saying he is tired. They gave him tylenol and said to just let him sleep. All of his vitals are good as is his awareness, so I'm trying really hard to have faith that we will continue on an upward pattern towards healing.
It looks like if it is indeed viral meningitis (we should find out tomorrow), it lasts 1-2 weeks. Still not sure when we will go home, but I think there is a possibility it could be tomorrow.
Keep praying for my sweet boy! I cannot believe how much this has rocked my world and put absolutely everything into perspective. I will not leave his side until he is 100% better. I have never poured so much of myself into anything, as I have into loving him and protecting him this week.

2 comments:

Deb said...

You're a great mom Karina.....I hope you both had a restful, pain free night. Hope he's able to get home and see Lauren's decorating SOON!

Anonymous said...

Yes, these are the times that really put things in perspective! All those little things we stress out about are usually, in the big picture, not important at all. It's those foundational things that matter...faith, family, friends.

God Bless Max, his family, his friends.

Love from Tucson....Mom/Grandma