Wednesday, November 9, 2011

One step forward, two steps back......ugh!


Today Max woke up different than yesterday. He was moody and just didn't seem "right." He had a temp again of 100, but wanted breakfast. After he ate, he just wanted to lay down, which was also a step back from yesterday:( After about an hour he complained that he didn't feel right and threw up:( I immediately felt my body tense up and go back into panic mode. After speaking with the doctor's office and running a million different scenarios through my head, I tried really hard to keep the faith that this was just a little bump in the road (thanks GayeLynn!). Anyway, he was pretty sleepy and cranky until about 2:00. After resting for a while again, he really perked up. He ate, watched TV for a while and after resting for a while decided he wanted to go hang out with Lauren and her friend, Gabby, who spends her extra time making sports signs for Max to cheer him up! He was excited to eat dinner, even requested dessert, and was sassy as ever to his Aunt Leah. So......I'm trying to relax and not see the first half of the day as a set back. After the fabulous day yesterday, I was just really hoping we were moving forward, but I need to remember - he is very sick - and it's going to take time for that little body to bounce back. Fortunately he is funny as ever - it's the physical stuff that's dragging him down. He said today "Mom, I'm so wobbly."
I was brought to tears when I opened an envelope from someone named Nancy today. I couldn't figure out who the big manilla envelope was from, until I opened it and read the note: "Hi Maxwell, Hope that you are feeling lots better and are able to go back to school. I was working out the other day and saw the hockey team there, and thought of you - hope it fits OK and that you like it. Thanks for being so brave with all the procedures you had done while you were in the hospital. Take care, Nurse Nancy" Enclosed was a shirt signed by the Fargo Force hockey team. Everyone has been so kind to Max and all of us through all of this. The only good from this is that we all feel very loved!

1 comment:

Kate said...

How sweet is that!?!