Tuesday, November 1, 2011

24 Hours

We've been home for 24 hours......the night went well, and the day wasn't fabulous, but it wasn't awful either. It was pretty uneventful with lots of resting. Max has such a hard time getting out of bed, he is just so weak. And, this all seems to be getting to him emotionally. He had four different melt downs today about wanting to go back to school, and I hate not knowing what to tell him. I tell him we are working on it, and being home is one step closer, but his response is always, "but, when, mom, when do I get to go?"
He was up doing legos for about 15 minutes today, ate lunch at the table, and we all ate dinner together tonight, but after about 20 minutes he was ready for bed again. He has had some tummy pain today, but I am thinking it's just his digestive system trying to get going again now that he's been eating. Tummy massages seem to make it better - finally something I can do to help his pain!
Although it feels great to be home, and we are all resting better, I am still so on edge. This morning when he woke up he wanted cereal. I gave it to him on a tray in bed and when I handed it to him he whined and said, "I can't see." I immediately panicked and said, "what do you mean?" He said, "turn the lights on, mom." My mind is just always going to a bad place after these last 9 days!
Tomorrow we see the doctor and will hopefully just spend the rest of the day resting and trying to get him used to being up more. Keep the prayers coming!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not hard to understand the underlying fears you have as parents given all that has taken place. Hope you get some reassurances from the doctor today. I will continue to pray for Max's full recovery and for continued strength & faith for all of you. There are little and often unnoticed miracles happening all around us daily. Max is a miracle! He was determined to be here from the moment he was conceived. That determination will get him through this!! Much love from Tucson...Mom